Friday 5 June 2015

Weekly Street Style- Copenhagen.

I'm back.

Yes, much to my despair, I haven't posted,yet again, in a long time. But better late, than never I always say.


I'm going to start gearing my blog towards the fashion/photography side of things- don't worry, I'll still post a motivational, emotionally 'deep' post now and again, there's no escaping those bad boys.


With the help of a fellow fashion guru- or so he likes think - Seif Umaar- I'll research into a different cities street style and share the looks I like the most, and the ones I think give the most representation of said cities style, and Seif will comment on the Mens Style. I may try and re-create some of the looks,tweaking them here and there and post some ootd's inspired by the outfits.


This week, I have chosen the Danish capital, Copenhagen. Enjoy.




In my opinion, the overall aesthetic of the women's style in Copenhagen from what I can see, is quite masculine, with a lot of layering.

The first look you can assume is more of a winter/autumn look,or in Copenhagen as its often cold, maybe all year round. Layering of wools and loose fitting-t shirts,with the baggy fit leggings and the classic and versatile white converse all-stars results in an obviously thought through look that however gives the lazy/effortless feel (and comfortable).

The second of the looks, is my personal favourite, mainly for the,again, masculine silhouette (and my never ending love for monochrome). The outfit would be ideal for again winter/autumn or early spring, removing the shirt for a vest/t-shirt or wearing a sleeveless house coat like the one shown.

The third image and look, is similar to that of the first, in the slouchy, 'just thrown anything on' aesthetic. The cut-off, rough salvage edged shorts with the old leather tie gives the masculine feel-even with a pair of heels. This look could be perfect for any season, and perfect for a college/uni day, comfort yet still trendy.

Mens









With menswear the styles are very different. They vary from occasions to the type of seasons. The first model, you can deduct the layers he is wearing, the beanie plus the dark colours show that this outfit is best suited for the more chilly of seasons. 

Now the second model has more of an intriguing, old but modernised outfit. This outfit would be ideal for the spring, the white shirt with the cape/shawl, some dark wash slim fit jeans and some leather smart/casual shoes (model is wearing monk strap leather shoes). The fedora hat definitely tops of this look, to give it that classic 'cow boy' look.

The third model is wearing your ideal, modern summer look. A t-shirt, skinny fit jeans with some Chelsea boots. Simple but very fashionable and perfect for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment